Saturday, June 12, 2010

Vegan Vanilla Cupcakes

From the pages of Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World (Isa Chandra Moskowitz and Terry Hope Romero) comes this baby. This is their Golden Vanilla Cupcake (pg 33) and it's just divine. I made it using rice milk instead of the soy (I love rice milk in cakes, it gives an extra vanillary sweetness) and using their canola oil variation. They're amazingly buttery tasting and just melt in your mouth.
The icing is their Vegan Fluffty Buttercream Frosting. Their recipe uses half margarine and half shortening, but I just used Nuttelex as I forgot to look for shortening in the supermarket. I also used rice milk instead of the soy. The frosting is light and fluffy (just like the name says!) and very rich.

I'd recommend their book to anyone. It's amazing and every recipe looks simply mouthwatering. I'm not going to reproduce their recipes, you'll just have to trust me and go buy their book!

No comments:

Post a Comment