Thursday, June 17, 2010

City Girl Snickerdoodles

From Vegan Cookies Invade Your Cookie Jar (yes, I swear these aren't the only cookbooks I own, but they're soo good!) comes City Girl Snickerdoodles.

When Nik was home sick from school a couple of weeks ago he came to work with me while I was testing out a non-vegan version of Snickerdoodles. Being Australians and having no idea of what these things were we fell in love with their crispy, chewy vanilla and cinnamon-ness. He was very dubious that a vegan version could be as good and was quite vocal in his doubting, nagging me to make the original version, but I stuck to my guns (mostly because there was no way I was missing out on eating them!). I nearly died of shock when he announced that they were even better than the non-vegan version and he then proceeded to whip a bunch of them off with him to school to hand out! I have now been informed that I have to make more every day because his schoolmates are all addicted to them now too and want their own cookies! His best friend has even made a picture of snickerdoodles his desktop wallpaper!

No comments:

Post a Comment