Saturday, June 12, 2010

Vegan Pancakes

The first ever vegan pancake I tried to make was a complete disaster so I've been searching for a pancake that's just as good as "regular" ones. These ones are gorgeous and fluffy and more than suitable to dish up to even the fussiest milk and egg lover in your household! (Believe me, Nik hears vegan and runs a mile but I've even got him devouring these with gusto!)


Vegan Pancakes:
  • 1 cup flour
  • 2 Tblsp caster sugar
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • Big pinch salt
  • 1 cup ricemilk (add more milk if you like them more pancakey and less pikeletey)
  • 1 1/2 Tbslp canola oil
  • 1 tsp vanilla (optional - I like my pancakes sweet ;D)
Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt together. Add milk, oil and vanilla (if using) and mix until just combined. Don't stress too much about lumps.
Heat your frypan on medium heat, coating with whatever oil you like (I use a Canola cooking spray because I don't like them too oily). Once heated ladle your mixture into your frypan, flipping the pancake when you start to see bubbles. Cook other side, then flip onto a plate and dig in!

No comments:

Post a Comment