Sunday, June 26, 2011

Bakery-style Crispy Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies (with a Hint of Maple)

I recently bought the Vegan Cookie Connoisseur cookbook and it's my new favourite! I like it so much I've bought the kindle edition for my ipad as well as the actual book (because I love the feel of books and nothing is quite like writing notes on an actual page!).

I've been substituting White Wings gluten-free plain flour for the normal wheat flour and so far, I've had no problems at all. I highly recommend tthe White Wings flour, it's the best IMO, but don't use their Self-raising flour as that has an awful aftertaste. If you need SR flour just add 2tsp baking powder per cup of plain flour for a much better result.

These biscuits turned out so delicious and chewy! I used Lindt 70% dark chocolate as it's the only easily available commercial chocolate without soy lecithin and it was a bit rich but I wanted something I could just buy at the supermarket. We get a nice one at the cafe which is a bit less dark with no soy but it's more expensive but much nicer and would be wonderful in these. They have a sort of dark, burnt sugar taste due to the maple syrup and so I'd say they're a more adult cookie, they're extremely rich!



No comments:

Post a Comment